Highly valued by her clients and well-respected by her colleagues, Erin is a standout in both the IP bar and the Michigan legal community generally. She is a talented patent, trademark, and copyright attorney who represents large corporations, innovative companies, and solo entrepreneurs in intellectual property opportunities and strategy. Erin’s pragmatism, problem-solving abilities, and well-reasoned counsel have earned recognition from peers and clients alike.
According to the Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s nomination criteria, a Go To Lawyer is:
- An expert in their field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes, and regulations clients will encounter.
- Experienced and enjoys a record of success, with many matters that give testimony to the quality advice they can provide.
- A creative thinker who identifies all options for a client.
- One to whom other lawyers make referrals because of their expertise and accomplishments.
- An attorney another Michigan lawyer might call when requiring legal help in that field.
The “Go To Lawyers” designation is another in a long series of accolades for Erin and her legal knowledge and IP subject-matter expertise. She has received awards from Crain’s Detroit Business, DBusiness Magazine, and Super Lawyers®. Michigan Lawyers Weekly named her to its 2017 class of Michigan Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Lawyers, and the Oakland County Executive selected Erin for 2016’s Elite 40 Under 40.
Erin is also an active member of her communities, volunteering her time and energy to lead organizations and important causes. She serves as the president-elect of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan (she received the WLAM’s Leadership Award in 2017) and is a past president of the Women’s Bar Association, Oakland Region. Erin was recently elected to the board of directors of the nonprofit Barn Sanctuary, besides her current role as chair-elect of the State Bar of Michigan’s Animal Law Section Council.